The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Outfit of the Day

Today I'm featuring a guest blogger who's also a member of Her Campus Blogger Network. I loved her post, and I hope you do too! 

Hi everyone!!  My name is Abril , I consider myself as a fashion amateur girl who also loves makeup, exercise and reading a good book. I have a bilingual blog: The Color Palette where I talk about everything fashion and beauty related. Lately I've been starting to post my daily looks and I have to admit I have so much fun doing it even when my boyfriend always tell me I look  like very uncomfortable when he is taking the pictures.

military jacket ootd

I'm currently living in Chicago, one of those places where spring is still a little bit chilly, and even though  everybody thinks it is already warm I'm still freezing all the time because I'm from a place where heat and humidity rule the day.
In this type of places where the transition from winter to spring is slow, a light jacket is a must have in the wardrobe, and this one is my favorite it isn't too light or too warm and I think a military green jacket is almost a neutral, it can be mixed with different colors, patterns and even styles. 

combat boots and military jacket outfit

This time I styled my favorite jacket with a light gray sweater, high waisted jeans and a leopard print clutch to add a pop of color. Since the look is a little bit "masculine" a pair of combat boots with a little bit of heel (of course) compliment the outfit.

military and leather jacket edgy outfit
GET THE LOOK
thrifted gray sweater (similar HERE & HERE)
Military Green Jacket (similar HERE & HERE)
Heeled combat boots (similar HERE & HERE)
Leopard print clutch bag (similar HERE & HERE)

combat boots outfit

Photography: Eric Alanis

I love this outfit edgy feeling and I was really comfy that day. What do you think about it?


Thank you to the lovely Roshni Walia for letting me be here today with you!

xx,Abril

Social media:

No comments:

Popular Posts